Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

lol

The other day I was reading my Bible and this totally cracked me up:

"And He (God) took off their chariot wheels, so that they drove them with difficulty."
-Exodus 14:25
I just kept imagining it as an old black and white movie in fast forward. I can just see a bad guy in a ridiculous Egyptian costume jumping out of his chariot, jumping up and down in rage, and then kicking the chariot only to hurt his foot.
I love that we serve a God who possesses a sense of humor.

2 comments:

  1. That is totally my favorite verse in the OT. Even better, I did a theology worksheet on the book of Exodus last term and discovered that the second half of chapter 14 is a chiasm. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually suspected a chiasm as I read through it, but failed to do the actual work to verify my assumption.

    ReplyDelete