Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

You Know You Have Too Much Time On Your Hands When...

You are currently crocheting a rug out of cut up t-shirts.  Seriously.  I need to get a life.

I love my baby.  I love being home with my baby.  But sometimes all the free time on my hands drives me crazy.  I feel like a hermit.  I look for excuses to leave the house but have trouble coming up with them.  Is it wrong to get excited about grocery shopping day.  Sometimes I feel like the cashiers at the grocery store are my friends.  Every week we talk about my baby, their grand-baby, the weather, the flu that is going around.  Today, I even brought one of the ladies at the store a present..and it was even wrapped.  Ok, so it was for her newborn grandchild.  That's not weird, right?

You know all of those times in your life when you were crazy busy and stressed and you wished you could just sit around at home all day doing projects off of pinterest and baking?  Ya, that is my life.  It is fun for a while but after a few months it gets old fast.

Sometimes I try to encourage myself by reminding myself to do my work to the glory of God.  But what gets me is when I don't have any work to do.  How do you sit on the couch and wait for your baby to wake up to the glory of God?  I let you know when I figure it out.

The good news is that help is on the horizon.  I'll start teaching next week, playing the piano this week, and BIG news: we're joining a once-a-month mom's group.  Maybe we'll even make friends of the mom/child variety.  We have a lot of friends but we just don't really have friends who are in our stage of life.

But enough whining.  Back to joy.  Here are a few things that make me happy.
A husband who lets me goof around. 
My own personal laundry assistant
GF, DF taco movie nights with the hubby
A guy who loves you enough to send you flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment