Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Killing the flavor

Why does everybody in Kentucky insist on eating bland food all smothered in a bland sauce? Everybody makes casseroles and everybody knows that said casseroles must be covered in cream of mushroom soup or velveeta cheese. Food in Kentucky is generally unexciting. It all tastes the same. Mostly it fits the following categories:
  • Greasy (French fries, hamburgers, fried chicken, etc)
  • Creamy (whitish casseroles)
  • Bland (smothered in ketchup, american cheese)
  • Just plain boring (spaghetti with plain sauce from a can or jar)

Somedays I just want to eat flavorful food. Just give me one good slice of sharp smoked cheddar cheese, or grate fresh ginger, or the even the wonderful taste of basil all ground up in pesto. And if you want something creamy, please do me a favor and use real cream.

I think I need to do some cooking this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment