Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Enough whining

Ok, since I was such a whiner in the last post, I only think it fair that I share some of the delish food that I've gotten to enjoy since then.
On Friday, it was the tangy, fresh taste of hummus with salty pita chips (I get to re-live this one in just a couple of hours).
On Friday night, Aaron convinced Caleb and I (it didn't take much work) to drive an hour away in order to get a scrumptious Thai dinner. I had a curry complete with cashews served over rice. I was so stuffed that I only managed to eat two bites of dessert which consisted of a custard rice It was definitely unique.
For lunch on Saturday, we decided that after our "hike" we should have lunch for breakfast. I thought I was being all clever when I attempted to combine the words for "breakfast" and "lunch." Fail on my part. Anywho, we went home and cooked up fluffy scrambled eggs with onion and pepper, pancakes, and chicken apple honey sausage. Then I piled it all together on my plate and ate it as a pancake eggs sausage sandwich. True love.
The highlight of Sunday was gingerbread. I never make gingerbread and I never get to eat it so it was a real treat. The dark, musky flavor was both surprising and wonderful. I think I need the recipe.
Now you know, whether or not you wanted to, exactly what I've been eating the past few days. Oh, and I almost forgot, I've been having homemade bread toast slathered with butter for breakfast almost every day.

Another funny side note: On Sunday night, Aaron called me and said, "Guess what I'm eating for dinner right now." After I failed to guess, he told me that he had put sweet potatoes in his stir-fry. He said that after he tried it, he just had to call someone and I was the only person he could talk to about food. Now he has to make it for me.

What have you been eating? I always need inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Tonight I ate some cherrios, cheese, and raisins while I read That Hideous Strength. Ah, the simple joys of life. ;-)

    ReplyDelete