Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Thankful Friday

Because it is only two more days until the Sabbath, now is the perfect opportunity to reflect on the good things of this past week.
A couple of weeks ago, I was stressed out. Not majorly, but stressed nonetheless. That little bit of stress that I did have made me realize one of the best things about my life right now. I was stressed for most of the past four years. Maybe I wasn't constantly freaking out, but there were tons of little stresses. I had deadlines out the wazoo, finals every 8 weeks, papers due, late nights, early mornings...you know the routine. As of right now, I have no deadlines, no papers due, I don't stay up late unless I want to (and I never do), I don't have a high pressure job, and I have look for work instead of hide from it. Sometimes it annoys me when I don't have enough work to do during the day, but, for right now, I'm just greatful that it is not at all stressful. I get to leave every day promptly at 5 pm and I never have to take work or work-related stress home with me. My evenings are mine, completely mine to do whatever I want. Work also never interferes with my weekends. And so I announce before the world (or at least before my small gathering of faithful readers) that I am not stressed and I am extremely grateful that my job is easy and sometimes boring. grateful

P.S. I surprised mei amici with a container of banana bars with cream cheese frosting over my lunch break. I know, I'm amazing.

1 comment: