Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

What to do with a bunch of crazies?

My parents are preparing to take their whopping huge 25th anniversary trip. Guess who gets to babysit? Abner and Sara are covering days, but I'll be on duty evenings, nights and weekends. I was theoretically ok with this a couple of months ago, but now that I work 8 hours a day, it just sounds really hard. I walk in the door around 5:30 all tired and ready for dinner. For the next while, I'll walk in the door hungry and tired only to discover a whole crowd of starving, but energetic children all clamoring for me to make them dinner. Fortunately, mom is going to buy some frozen/easy dinners like spaghetti and frozen lasagna.
Anywho, I'm looking for fun ideas to keep crazy children busy and fed. As of right now, we have plans for homemade pizza, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (which I read aloud to them last summer), and a possible picnic in the park. Does anybody have any good suggestions?

Did I mention I have to do the grocery shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment