Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

July...

What to post about...? I don't really have any exciting news to share. I've still failed to get a picture of my flowers. I've been working on my new fabric, but it still needs a lot more time and genius (which I am severely lacking in). Since I don't have a pattern, I had to make one using wrapping paper. The hardest part is figuring out what parts to sew first. I'm afraid that I'll start at the wrong end and then have to take out the stitches in order to attach something that should have gone on first.

Last night, Jubilee wanted me to explain to her how far away my birthday was using the distance between her fingers as measurement. She held her two pointer fingers about 6 inches away from each other and asked, "Is this how long until your birthday?" I wasn't quite sure how many days or hours it equaled so my answer was rather vague.

Since the 4th of July is right around the corner, I get a 3 day weekend! Hurrah! I plan on going to a bonfire, setting off fire works, hiking, possibly making homemade jam, leading a book group, and maybe even stopping in at a luau.

In other random news, I went on a lunch date with my Dad today. He knows how much I like Greek food so we went to a Greekish resturaunt (not really Greek, but the owner is Greek and so he has some Greek food). We each had a gyro and split some Baklava (which was not as good as mom's). Mom is making me chicken crepes for dinner. How nice to have a family that loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment