Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Recipe Binder

In case you haven't heard, my brother is getting married in just a couple of short weeks.  I've helped out some with making several different decorations.  I can't wait to reveal to you one set of decorations but I'm trying to keep it a secret until after the wedding so you'll still attend.
Last weekend, we had a bridal shower for the bride, Alicia.  Here is just the present I put together for her.  Well, I guess it is just the first part of her presents as I still have one for the bachelorette party plus all the decorations I made for them.  I knew I wanted to make a gift but I wanted to be something that she could actually use.  I don't know about you, but I find a lot of recipes on the internet.  I lot of times I just take the computer into the kitchen with me when I cook but sometimes I do print it out.  I found that the best way to keep track of the printouts is to put them in a page protectors in a binder.  The pager protectors are a must as I am always splattering batter and such on them.  This inspired me to make a binder for Alicia.
First, I created a personalized monogram.  Bride-to-bes love seeing their new name or initials written out.  Seriously.  The other day I filled in for a teacher at a home school co-op for the day and it was very strange to have the students all call me Mrs. as everybody else I know just calls me Lindsey. 

Next I glued taped said monogram onto pretty scrapbook paper and stuffed it into the front of a white notebook. 

I then created labels on pretty paper for all the sections such as "Breakfast" and "Main Dishes."  I also stuck a few of my recipes that I thought the bride would like onto pretty scrapbook paper.  

Finally, I threw it into a pretty container with ingredients to make some the recipes including sun-dried tomatoes, flour, sea salt, coffee, etc.  I did end up tying a pretty ribbon around it. 
Hopefully, she enjoys the gift and finds it useful.  I suppose that even if Alicia didn't want to use the binder for recipes, she could still use the ingredients and use the binder for something else.  


No comments:

Post a Comment