Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pocket Change

Take one look at our tiny 3 bedroom, 1 bath, diy-sort-of-house and you'll quickly realize that we are not rich.  We're not as poor as church mice, but we might be the church mouse's cousins.  We have a budget that works well for us and I'm usually pretty good about following it.  I don't really view this as a hardship because I am a saver by nature.  However...(da, da, dum) the problem that I have right now is how to spend my extra money.  I was recently (in the past month and a 1/2) paid for doing two random jobs one of which was quite unexpected.  I offered to let the money go into the "pay off the house" fund but Aaron said that since I had earned the money, I could keep it to spend however I wanted.  Sounds easy, right?  Let's just say that I still have money that was given to me for Christmas 2 1/2 years ago sitting in my house.
At first, I thought I would buy myself a really nice pair of sandals.  I haven't bought any new ones since I got a pair for my wedding day.  I have really high arches and I wanted a pair of luxury sandals.  Unfortunately, I have looked and looked but I can't find just the right pair.  I don't care so much about what they look like, I just want comfort.  I did find a pair that I think I'm going to buy but they don't fit into the "luxury" category and are fairly inexpensive so I'll just take it out of our "clothing" fund.
Next I decided to spend the money buying us tickets to see the musical Beauty and the Beast. Unfortunately, the show is on Sunday and we spend our Sunday worshiping, resting and not forcing other people to work for us.  So that one is out.
Next...well there isn't a next.  I have a couple of ideas but I also have commitment issues.  Maybe a nice seafood dinner when we're in Florida? Maybe stocking up on expensive, high-quality cuts of meat?  Maybe a shopping spree?  A whole closet full of craft supplies?  Fall decor?  A french horn for my french horn obsessed husband?

Hi, my name is Lindsey and I have issues spending money.  Please give me your suggestions and help me to keep this money from going stale.

1 comment:

  1. We cannot let this money go stale! Can you look for another show, just not on Sunday? You could use the money on a plane ticket! Buying expensive meat is a good plan. Craft supplies!!! no - Old books! Any old book stores nearby? Watercolors! Flowers!

    ReplyDelete