Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Life Update

Kira is having her first ever sick day.  She is running her first ever fever though it seems stuck at 99.7 for which I am grateful.  She is just like her daddy and wants to spend her sick day hibernating in her bed.  She is playing with her toy and "talking" for the first time today right now as we speak.  You know your baby isn't feeling well when she almost falls asleep in your arms and cries in the bath.
It is ok to have bad hair when your sick
In other news, I made this amazing turkey chili with sweet potato shepherd's pie topper.   It was so good that I immediately started planning out the next time I could make it.  I did use half of the meat and more veggies.  It actually turned out to be an orange dinner.  I always accidentally make our dinner all one color.  For instance we've had the green dinner (broccoli with pesto panninis), the whitey-yellowy dinners (you know, chicken, potatoes, etc) and this was the orange dinner.  We had cantaloupe that needed to be used up and then the sweet potato topper, with the orangish colored chili beneath, in the chili I threw an orange bell pepper and some carrots and of course it was topped with delish cheddar cheese.
Finally, I tried to make Aaron some spicy mango fruit leather.  It turned out much more like spicy mango fruit brittle.  I guess I'll just have to try again.
That about sums up my life.

Oh, and this Friday is my last week of teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment