Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Reduce and Re-use

Ok, so I was cleaning out our winter clothes and putting in our summer clothes...and today it is only in the 40's.  Oops.  But that is not the point of this post.  While I was going through our clothes, I found quite a few things to get rid of.  Yay for less clutter!  I don't know about you but most of the time when I designate something "to-be-gotten-rid-of" it somehow manages to sit around for months before I can decide what to do with it.  Do you just throw it in the garbage?  Do you bestow your once beautiful treasures on someone?  Do you give it Goodwill?  Do you keep it in case you can ever use it again?
I know that last one sounds silly.  After all, it is junk so why would you want to use again?  Well, I'm glad you asked cause that is the point of this post.
I like to re-use things as much as possible.  After all, a piece of artwork made out of free junk is...well, free! So here is my newest project:
In case you can't tell, it is a rug crocheted out of old shirts!  Obviously it needs some more shirts.  I have a few more to cut up and add to it.  If you have any that you want to donate, my rug would love you!  I'm looking for shirts made out knit materials.  I don't really care about the color as long as it isn't something crazy like hot pink or mustard yellow.  I'm also accepting used jeans donations as I someday hope to make a jean quilt like this one. 
Here is the accompanying tutorial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment