Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Of Growing Things

I love growing things.  Well, let me say that I love growing things that I can use.  I'm all about efficiency.  If you can't eat it or cut it and use it as a centerpiece, it doesn't really belong at my house.  I think that growing my own garden is my way of personally stickin' to the man.  What man?  Oh, you know, the man.  Here are some pictures of my "garden" as of this morning.  Hopefully we'll have some big changes to show off soon so consider these the "before" pictures.
These beautiful geraniums were given to me by my mother-in-law.  I love her.  I especially love her when she gives me plants. 

Remember these flowers from last year?  They came back!  I love cutting a fresh bouquet every week for our table. 

2 Blueberry bushes.  I love them so much.  And I love you too, tomato plant. 

Gah!  So cute.  This is my new cucumber plant.  I only planted him about a week ago.  

Can squash really grow in a broken picnic basket?  Check back in a month or two for the answer. 

Random pansies, a handful of sweet peas (so far I've been able to pick 5 wonderful peas), and my parsley that regrew from last year. 

Tomato plant!  I grew this from a seed.  Makes me super proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment