Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pillows, Smillows

Today, I made pillowcases.  Two to be exact.  The first was a Christmas pillowcase.
As you can see, there are actually two Christmas pillowcases.  I made one over a month ago and finally got around to completing the second today.  I also have a third but it is no where near being done.  I saw this great tutorial online for pillowcases and got inspired. While the lady claims that it only takes 15 minutes to make, it took me closer to 30 if I include the time spent cutting and looking at the directions.  Super quick and super easy!  These are to go in our future advent calendar.  I feel on top of things especially considering the fact that Kira won't even use a pillow for over a year.   
*I followed the exact dimensions for the first pillowcase I thought it turned out too long.  The second one I shortened by about an inch or so and it looks great!

The other pillowcase I made was from an old shirt.  I had an old beat up dress shirt and I had a falling apart pillow.  When I saw this tutorial, an explosion of creativity went off in my mind.  Wow. Can you tell it is getting late at night? 
I wish I had used a darker colored shirt but I didn't think Aaron would appreciate me cutting up his nice work dress shirts.  

Finally, here is a freebie. I made both of these bedraggled looking pillowcases a long time ago.  I originally got all three of these pillows on super clearance for around $2-3 a piece.  I see more pillowcases in my near future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment