Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Something Strange...

A couple of weeks ago, I was shocked to learn that my students (grades 8-12) do not remember 9/11.  They know that it happened but have no actual memories of the events.  They also had no clue why we invaded Afghanistan or Iraq.  Though on that matter, I'm not really sure either.  I don't think anybody is really sure why we did it other than to catch some terrorists and supposedly stop a nuclear war...

Ok, time to move on.  This week, I bought approximately 15 pounds of sweet potatoes.  They were on such a good sale at almost 1/4 of the price they normally are.  We love sweet potatoes.  What will we do with them?  Thanks for asking.  We will enjoy baked sweet potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes with couscous, sweet potato curry soup, and maybe some sweet potato hummus. The funny thing is that we never have the traditional "sweet potato souffle/casserole."  It weirds me out that most people only eat sweet potatoes on holidays and such.  So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment