Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Another one of those days

Right now I seem to have a peculiar talent for doing stupid things.  I guess it helps to keep life interesting.
Usually on Sundays, I come home and scramble to get something ready for lunch as quickly as possible.  We don't usually get home until around 1 so we're always starving.  However, this past week, I was totally on top of it.  On Saturday, I tidied the house, cut up the pineapple.  On Sunday, I peeled, chopped and left the sweet potatoes sitting on the stove in water and I also made up some glaze for the ham.  We don't usually eat ham, but it was on sale at Kroger and I couldn't pass it up.  I've probably only baked a ham 3 times in my entire life.  And this wasn't no little baby ham; it was a giant 7 lb ham.  I'll admit it; I was pretty darn proud of myself.  I was so prepared for the Sabbath and we wouldn't have to rush around like crazy.  All we would have to do after church is put the finishing touches on everything.
Aaron had asked if we could possibly have someone over and we decided that we'd start by asking any visitors and, they said no, we'd ask the pastor's family. We were both excited at the prospect of sharing our fancy pants meal with someone.
About half-way to church, all of a sudden I let out a huge gasp. I left the ham in the fridge.  I suppose that pride must go before the fall because now we had no food to eat all except for pineapple and sweet potatoes.
Fortunately, my mom let us crash her house for lunch and our hinies were saved.  We were also blessed to get to have guests over on Monday night for our ham dinner which I did remember to put in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment