Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

One of those days...

So yesterday I woke up with a headache and quickly decided that it was a coffee day.  I gave my little girl a bath and then put her down for a nap.  As soon as she woke up and got stuffed, we dashed out the door to the grocery store.  While in the second grocery store (yes, I always shop at at least two different stores if not more), I realized that she needed a diaper change.  It wasn't hard to figure this out.  The signs and sounds made it pretty obvious.  I headed to the back of the store where I discovered that she didn't just need a diaper change, she needed a whole outfit change if you catch my meaning.  So I stripped her down naked in the Wal-Mart bathroom all the while bemoaning the fact that she had just been so thoroughly cleaned.  Then I attempted to finish up shopping but the baby refused to be put back in her car seat.  Towards the end of my shopping excursion, Aaron called me on his lunch break.  I ended up trying to shop, hold my baby, push a cart, and talk on the phone to my husband.  We finally made it to the check out and, after waiting in line for a long time with a crying baby, we were done and out the door. By this point, I was tired and hungry and the baby was even more tired and hungry.  The only difference between us was that she felt free to voice her frustration in crying and I had to bravely hold it in since we were in a parking lot.  As I was loading up the car, I noticed a lonely cucumber hiding behind the diaper bag. Oh dear, I just stole a cucumber worth a whopping 48 cents.  I desperately looked around a for a Wal-Mart employee so that I could shove it into their arms saying, "Here's your stupid cucumber.  I didn't want it anyways."  Of course, there were none to be seen.  We trouped back inside where I paid for the cucumber with change including 18 pennies.
Next came the saga of the milk.  As I was leaving the parking lot, I remembered that I needed to go across the street to the CVS so I could buy some milk since it was a whopping $2 cheaper than at Wal-Mart.  I briefly contemplated attempting to feed the baby while in the back seat of the car but then I decided that I would prefer to listen to her scream.  As I was getting the baby out of the back of the car, I was surprised to discover that the person parked next to me had left their car running.  There wasn't anybody even inside of it.  How irresponsible, I thought.  I marched into the store and went straight to the coupon kiosk where you scan your CVS card to get extra point.  The only problem is that my card is on my key chain and...well...I couldn't find my key chain.  Oh dear, I must of left them on the back seat of the car as I got my baby out.  So we marched back outside.  All of a sudden, the wheels in my tired brain finally turned and I realized that I was the irresponsible adult who left the keys in the ignition and the car running.  Yep, that was me and not my parking spot neighbor.  So I bought my milk and brought my screaming baby home.
At home, I quickly brought in the groceries and threw the frozen items into the freezer before feeding my starving baby on the couch while eating the last of the chips.  After lunch, I discovered that my baby had had another small blow-out and so we went through an entirely new outfit.  Later in the afternoon, I happened to go outside to find my trunk still open.  Though in my defense, sometimes my trunk door pretends to be closed so it can fly open and catch me unawares.
This is just a day in the life of Lindsey.  Or maybe it is a day in the life of Lindsey on coffee.  This explains why I try not to drink coffee except on rare occasions.  Of course, I didn't mention the fact that I washed dirty diapers, did another load of laundry, washed dishes, made dinner, swept the floor, read a book, sanded a chair down, and painted three chairs.
Actually, as crazy as this day was, I thought it was hilarious.  I sent Aaron a text while he was at work and told him that I couldn't wait for him to get home so I could share my crazy life with him.  I love life including the crazy, funny days.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! It's so much work...how did our moms do it with a whole bunch of kiddos? Amazes me.

    ReplyDelete