Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Easiest Pumpkin Painting Ever!

So first off, I created the world's best healthy fall-time breakfast ever: Baked carrot cake oatmeal.  Seriously, so incredibly good. Of course, I'm a sucker for carrot cake so it doesn't take much to convince me.  I used a recipe as a base but I made so many changes and additions that I need to make it again and actually measure out things so that I can share my yummy breakfast with the world . Kira, Aaron and I all absolutely loved it.  Will wasn't too convinced but I think it was a texture thing.
Ok, so now on to the pumpkin.  As you've probably guessed by now, I love doing crafts.  However, I have a serious problem: I think I can paint but I can't.  I can see a picture in my mind but I never manage to actually transfer that image to paper or canvas.  I can't draw either.  If you think I'm joking, I'm not.  I'm pretty sure that my 9 year-old sister can draw better than I can.  I was scouring pinterest for an Autumn project to make as a craft for a friend and I ran across this.
Beautiful, right?  I was convinced that I could in fact paint this...but then I remembered all my past failures.  Since she had this handy tutorial and I was desperate for a fall craft, I decided to give it a go.  I already had a lot of the paints so I only needed about $5 worth of supplies.  I thought that risk would be worth the pleasure and the potential benefit. 
Here is my version. 

Not quite perfect but still a ton of fun.  Give it a try!  Painting is so relaxing especially when you have someone walking you through each and every step.  Hmmm...looking at these pictures side by side have convinced me of a few additions I should make to mine.  Excuse me while I go work on it some more.


1 comment:

  1. I really want that baked carrot cake oatmeal recipe. Post it when you perfect it!

    ReplyDelete