Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

If You Give a Man a Muffin

My hard working husband recently landed a dream job.  There are some down sides such as the 35-40 minute drive and only 5 days of vacation this year but he loves it.  For the past 1 1/2 years he has been working on teaching himself computer programming in the evenings after getting home from work.  All his perseverance finally paid off and he now gets paid to computer program...well kind of.  He hasn't actually worked on any projects as he has spent his first week and a half filling out paperwork, getting the low down on the company and its products, and learning about the code that he will have work on.  I'm happy that he's happy and I'm also happy that this job at least has the potential of providing for us for years to come (i.e. he actually has the potential of getting pay raises and promotions).
Aaron's birthday is next week and I decided to surprise him by driving out to his work and having a picnic lunch with him.  I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but muffins are his kryptonite.  Seriously.  Forget about cake, cookies or ice cream, just give him a muffin and a plate of whipped cream and he'll be set for life.
I wasn't exactly sure where the building was as he works in a very small office that doesn't have a long office front.  I did manage to find his car right away and so I parked by it.  I then called him on the phone and asked if he had found the surprise that I left for him in the car.  He said no and I expressed concern that it had been sitting in the sun all morning.  This prompted him to go out to his car and check on the "surprise" and of course we were conveniently waiting there.
We enjoyed walking down to the riverside park and eating lunch in the shade while watching boats go by.

Excited about the train!
This man is worth the drive!

Don't mess with this man's muffins!
He was super happy to see us and we all had a great time together.  Kira cried when we left cause she missed Daddy.  
Here is a freebie picture.  This is my morning shower set-up.  Well this plus the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang soundtrack.  Kira is an addict. 

1 comment:

  1. This post is so full of cute I can't even. Also, congratulations to Aaron on the new job!
    ~Laura R.

    ReplyDelete