Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

4 Things I learned From My Mom

They say that what you do is more important than what you tell your children to do.  The older I get, the more convinced I am that this is true.  Even though I don't remember my mom ever giving me a sermon on what it means to be a mother, she taught me everything I know about being a mom.  Here are a few things that I learned from watching her.
  1. Family tops the priority list.  By providing us with a homemade dinner every night and insisting that we were there to join her, she showed us that family was more important than sports, school work, music lessons, a clean house and friends.  She always took time to read to us and play games with us when she could have easily been having alone time. 
  2. Good food feed the soul and builds relationships.      
  3. The Sabbath is always worth celebrating!
  4. Motherhood is a call to sacrifice.  You'd better plan on puking up your guts repeatedly, getting up for middle-of-the-night feedings just so you can wake up early and start over again, cleaning the house just to have it get messy again, and cooking dinner again and again and again.  

Today I got to honor my mother by practicing these things.  I don't do them nearly so well as her but I figure  that she's got a 27 year head start.  I love you mom!

I'm not sure what's up with the wonky picture.  It refuses to be fixed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment