Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Autumn

It is officially fall here.  Today I'm working on drying basil and making pesto before all the basil is destroyed in our first frost, picking all the green peppers, sewing a baby skirt, unpacking winter clothes and of course drinking tea while reading a book.  Unfortunately, I realized just after I started to make the pesto that the only nuts I have are peanuts.  I don't want to be murdered by any Italians who might happen to try my pesto so I'm going to go try to pick up some walnuts or almonds.
My brother got married this past weekend and the last 3 days have been quite busy for us.  We've had meals out with family, guests at the house, freezing cold outdoor receptions, etc.  My poor child is plumb wore out.  I'm pretty sure that she has spent more time napping today than actually being awake.  Hopefully, we can dash out for the missing ingredient when she wakes up.
My exciting news for the month consists of the fact that I made Kira a dress for the wedding.  About two weeks before the wedding, I realized that she did not have a single fall/winter dress and that all of her super summery dresses were getting to be too short.  I looked up some tutorials online and whipped up a fairly quick dress.  I have pictures on my phone but I need to figure out how to get them to transfer over to the computer.
I wish I could think of more exciting things to write about but I guess you're stuck with this simple post cause I hear my child finally waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment