Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wuv, Twue Wuv...2.0

Two years ago yesterday was the most glamorous day of my life.  I wore the most expensive outfit I have ever owned and had my hair and make-up done by friends.  I then hired a professional photographer to capture one of the most expensive day of my life.  And I loved it all!  Most of all, I loved the man who gave me my most expensive and most glamorous piece of jewelry.  
Now if only the rest of my life was like that...
My second anniversary started with me mumbling "happy anniversary" to Aaron as he left for work before I had even gotten out of bed.  I then proceeded to feed the baby, cook food, do the dishes and try to clean up the house a little.  I then proceeded to repeat that process several times over.  This included sweeping the floor after I got tired of smooshing carrots with my feet.    
After lunch I left to do some shopping!  All my shirts are falling apart and I desperately needed some new ones. I hurried through shopping and over to our new house.  After feeding the baby there and trying to clean up a little, I managed to get in an hours worth of work.  Packing of the baby, I rushed over to my in-laws and went straight home.  
I changed out of my dirty work clothes and rushed to make dinner.  Aaron had requested some lamb which I had never made before. In case you were wondering, lamb is quite expensive coming in around $12/lb.  I guess you only have one second anniversary and it was much cheaper than going to a restaurant.  I also made smooshed new potatoes, roasted zucchini, and corn on the cob.  
After dinner, we headed out to play a romantic game of...miniature golf. 



After getting whooped at golf, I left Aaron choose the dessert.  We ended up gorging ourselves on frozen yogurt before going to pick up the baby.  We dragged ourselves home from our wild partying around 9:30.
Everybody says that the first year of marriage is the hardest.  They lie.  The second year has definitely been much harder.  Not bad, just hard.  We've had so many "new" things.  I quit my job to stay home with the baby which makes me super dependent on Aaron for social interaction.  Aaron started a new position at work with a new branch of the company which is currently requiring him to work a lot of overtime every single week.  We had a baby.  We bought a house that needs a lot of work. 

 

Overall, marriage is great, especially to my husband, but it also requires a lot of work and attention. God is good and has given us a ton of blessings this year.  Also, enjoy your wedding day cause you'll probably never get to be that glamorous again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment