Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

How to Celebrate America

How did the our little family celebrate 200+ years as a country?  Why, we did what Americans do best: We spent tons of money and then we charged it to our credit card.  We are officially Consumers.  So proud.
To be completely honest, we have all the money necessary to pay off our credit card debt.  We just used the credit card to earn points.
We bought a new refrigerator, stove, water heater, flooring, cabinet handles, and tons of other stuff.  Hopefully, it will be our last "big" purchase before moving in to our new house.  I meant to take pictures today so I would be better able to update the ole' blog.  Unfortunately, I forgot it at home.  We have nearly completed all the bedrooms.  K's room requires some minor paint touch-ups but it should only take a few minutes.  We also need to purchase and hang blinds for privacy.  The living room and kitchen are not completed but show definite signs of progress.  All the signs of old, ugly wall are gone except for the difference in flooring which we hope to remedy in the next week and a half.  The cabinets are nearly painted and the walls are about 1/2 way painted as of today!  It is really starting to look like a place that I actually want to live in.
I also planted a couple of random plants.  My little garden area isn't really flourishing but my basil has doubled in size and my long awaited hydrangea has several beautiful blooms on it.  I absolutely love hydrangeas.   The main reason I wanted to stop renting and buy a house is so that we could plan a hydrangea.
We had plans to go downtown and have a picnic while listening to the symphony and watching fireworks the city canceled everything due to rain.  So we will move our picnic indoors and celebrate with good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment