Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Ridiculousness That Is Called Lindsey...

Enough, enough already about Christmas. We still have over a month. All of these Christmas posts got me thinking on just how ridiculous I am. Just in case that wasn't enough proof, here is some more:
  • I've been waking up early in order to work on Christmas presents before I have to go to work. If you come down into my room around 7 am, you will find me working on Christmas presents, wrapped in a pink blanket, wearing my work clothes, and listening to Mozart's Requiem. Strange, I know.
  • Yesterday, it rained and I didn't wear my rain boots. Today, rain was in the forecast so I thought I'd wear them. Guess what? It hasn't rained a single drop since I put them on.
  • Last night I remember at 9 pm that I was going to make birthday cupcakes for a friend at work. Since I wanted to take a shower and get into bed by 10:30, I hurried to mix everything up. Whenever I cook in a hurry, I tend to leave out an ingredient or miss a step. Knowing this, I tried to look at the recipe every single time I added an ingredient. I successfully baked them and was rather happy to see that they at least looked pretty. This morning I slept in until the late hour of 6:45. One of my very first thoughts was that I had forgotten to add the chocolate chips. It was the last ingredient listed and somehow and I had just forgotten to put them into the batter. Bummer! I don't know how I managed to remember that early in the morning. I quickly jumped out of bed, got dressed, and ran upstairs to melt chocolate chips. I then drizzled the chocolate on top of the cupcakes. I think they turned out decently. Here is the recipe if you're interested.

I hope you enjoy the recollection of my blonde antics almost as much as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment