Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A New Year, A New Style

I don't know if it starting a new year or maybe just too many episodes of Fixer Upper, but I'm ready to declutter and restyle.  Out with the old and in with the new!!  High on the list are getting rid of junk, redecorating and organizing Kira's room and finding a new bookshelf.
Kira's room needs a makeover.  Every time I look at it I just think it looks so blah and cluttered.  Anybody have any amazing tips for organizing kid's toys?  I have know a few tricks but the room still seems perpetually messy.  I'm also kind of tired of the paint/furniture scheme.  Something needs to change.  I'm trying to a little research on pinterest to see what I like before I really dig in.  We don't have the money to throw out all the furniture and start over so I'm going to try rearranging and painting.  I'm trying to go gender neutral because the plan is to have Will move in with her when he is big enough to sleep in a toddler bed.  I'm still lacking inspiration though. What are your favorite decorating blogs?  I've seen things that I like but nothing has really stood out to me yet.
I'm excited because this week I get to go with a friend to a flea market type place and search for new wooden bookshelf.   Ours are super old cheaply made ones leftover from early in my grandparent's marriage.  Change is long overdue.
The other project I've been working on slowly deep cleaning different sections of our house.  I don't really like cleaning but I always feel super productive while working on it.  One long forgotten section of my countertop has been cleaned off and it is actually capable of being used now.  I love it.
Other than thinking very organized and clean thoughts, I've also been trying to care for super grumpy and sick children, make my own sourdough starter, trying to eat a lot of vegetables and stay away from sugar to make sure I lose those extra pounds I brought home with me from Florida, snatch up a few Christmas clearance items, organize a chicken petition, and start a women's Biblestudy thingy at my church.

1 comment: