Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Office Decor

One of the perks of Aaron's new job is his own office.  He actually has the second largest office in the building.  When he arrived, it was completely empty.  No artwork, office furniture besides a desk, computer and chair.  He's a typical guy and not much into decorating but the white nothingness was starting to bother even him.  Since at his office he will never be required to have a real live client there in the building, he is allowed to decorate in whatever manner tickles his fancy.  One fellow employee has pictures of his family and another employee has superhero posters and Star Wars figurines.  Aaron isn't super into any one thing so we took a trip to the store to find out what he liked.  One thing we noticed that he was drawn towards was modes of transportation such as pictures/artwork involving ships, planes, bicycles, and maps.  All of the artwork was $25-100 each so I decided try my hand at some DIY pieces of decor.  Here is what I came up.  I think I spent a total of $10.  Since completing these different pieces, I've had an even better idea of how to decorate.  Right now I'm thinking of producing my new ideas in time for Christmas.  Aaron reads my blog so I don't want to post any spoilers.  
Without further ado, here is what we came up with: 
We found this picture with the mat already attached on clearance for less than $2.  

Instead of buying a brand new frame, I purchased this beauty with the creepy doll picture for $4.50 at Goodwill.

I then painted the frame with some paint we had leftover from our bathroom and stuck the new picture inside.  



I'm not sure how much I love the anchor but for now it works.  We also added a family picture and a romantic picture of just Aaron and myself.  Hopefully, those will remind him to come home at the end of the day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment