Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Finished Project!

A long, long time ago (somewhere around a year) I started collecting old jeans to make a denim quilt for Kira's toddler bed.  I finished the project about 6 months ago and here are some pictures to prove it.  My quilter friend Leah pointed me in the direction of this tutorial which worked out quite well.  I did do a couple of "crazy" blocks because I had so much left over denim that I didn't want to waste.  I'm not sure that I love the hand quilting but there is no way I'm going to do it all over again.  These pictures aren't the best pictures but they'll give you a good idea of how it works.

I sewed on a button flower which Kira adores.  

I chose to not add any batting and to use this flannel for the back.  It is appropriately heavy and warm.  Kira is a fan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment