Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Life With a Toddler

Here are a few little snippets from our crazy life.

During a diaper change:
Kira: I have poopies!
Me: Yes, a lot of poop.
Kira: I did good job poopsies!
Me:........uh..........a good job would have been if you had done your poop on the potty.

 We've been attempting to teach her the sounds that the different letters of the alphabet make.  Aaron was trying to use songs that she knew to help with this.  For instance, whenever they would see an "A", they would start singing Amazing Grace stressing that "ah" sound.  When they came to "E", Aaron asked for a song suggestion.  I volunteered Everybody Wants to Be a Cat as Kira had just watched Aristocats.  Now every time Kira sees an "E", she loudly proclaims, "Evybody be a cat, Mama!"
This is what happens when daddy picks out Kira's "pjs"
 Me: Please stop crying now.
Kira: I want to cry!
She kept wanting to sit in Will's bumbo and then would get stuck.
Me: Please don't smoosh your brother. 
Kira in a whiny voice: "But I want to smoosh him." 

Things I've had to tell my daughter not to lick: 
1. The dustpan
2. A package of raw bacon at the store

Finally, I just found Kira holding a blanket over Will's face.  He'll be lucky if he makes it to his first birthday at this rate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment