Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

3 Years

Yesterday was our 3 year anniversary.  Just in case you've been living in a whole in the ground, here is our history.  Year 0: We kissed for the first time.
Year 1: We made a long weekend of it and ate our way through Cincinnati and Louisville, visited with some butterflies, rode a broken elevator to the top of a large tower, etc.  I was nice and round.
Year 2: I was skinny again!  We stayed home to have lamb chops which Aaron devoured before heading out for an exciting round of putt-putt golf sans the baby.  


Year 3: We actually celebrated a week early.  We started off with my 38 week prenatal check-up, observed a cool old library, got Aaron fitted for a tux, inhaled amazing Thai food, made an Aldi cheap food run, and finished it with pint-sized containers of ice cream and sorbet (which we did not eat in one sitting).

He may be good at a lot of things, but posing for pictures isn't his expertise. 
I had to show Aaron how to pose.  
Girly cocktail.  Tasty stuff that I barely got to sip. 
Sure made him happy.  
On our actual anniversary, I woke up early and made him banana pancakes topped with whipped cream (his favorite), fresh peaches over homemade Greek yogurt and hot coffee.  He was totally surprised as I'm always asleep when he leaves in the morning.  He brought me home some roses after work and we ended the day by attending Prayer Meeting before I collapsed exhausted into bed.
After 3 years of marriage, I have learned that Pad Thai is that stuff that dreams are made of.  Seriously, the first time I had it was on our honeymoon.  I've made it several times and it is yummy but I can never make quite as well as all the Thai restaurants.  It totally made my day to be able to have some more on our anniversary date.  It is a good thing that we live nearly an hour away from the restaurant otherwise I would be begging Aaron to get me some on a daily basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment