Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Green!

I think the main reason I like gardening is that you can celebrate each and every time something actually does what it is supposed to do.  I've been having tons of little celebrations here.   The following pictures will probably bore everybody but they make me so happy.
These are the strawberry plants I got on clearance last spring and threw into this big pot.  I kept them in the garage this winter and behold, they are sprouting flowers!  We've had over 10 blossoms so far.  I can't wait to eat fresh strawberries even if it is only one at a time.  

L-R: Sugar snap peas, garlic, and a variety of lettuce.  We are going to start eating lettuce probably tonight.  I just threw in handfuls of seeds and now I will thin it out by eating baby greens for dinner.  Hopefully, we don't eat any weeds along with it as it is a mixture of seeds and I'm not sure of each variety. 

We have rabbits.  But I also have an amazing husband who built me this little fence.  It protects both the garden and the blueberry bushes on either side.  Though you can't tell from this picture, the blueberry bushes are starting to get green leaves!

This picture makes me sad.  I planted these tomato and pepper plants 5 weeks ago and they are barely growing.  This past weekend, I took them over to my mother-in-law's house to hopefully get them to grow under her special light.  It is nearly time to plant them and they are no where near strong enough.  

Hydrangea!!! You came back.  Be still my beating heart.  My favorite types of flowers are the kinds that you can cut and make bouquets out of them.  Hydrangeas top this list.  

These are our new rhubarb plants.  They seem to be settling in remarkably well.  I can't wait for strawberry rhubarb jelly and pies.  

"You cause the grass to grow for the livestock and plants for man to cultivate, that he may bring forth food from the earth and wine to gladden the heart of man, oil to make his face shine and bread to strengthen man's heart."  Psalm 104:14-15

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! I'm enjoying working in our gardens, too. Hurray for hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete