Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Life in December (and November)

I haven't updated my blog in forever primarily because I didn't know what to write about.  Here is going to be a quick recap of some different things that have been going on in the past month or so.

  • Thanksgiving:  We actually got to have to Thanksgiving dinners.  We had Thanksgiving lunch with Aaron's extended family and then we had Thanksgiving dinner with my family and a lot of friends from church.  I think all had a good time.  Kira was extremely tired out but did mostly fine.  We also were blessed to get to attend the Thanksgiving service at church.  I love that our church takes time to worship and give praise to God before we even begin stuffing our faces. 

  • Thanksgiving 2.0:  The day after Thanksgiving, I purchased a turkey for $1/lb.   I decided that this meant that we needed to have Thanksgiving 2.0 dinner.  I cooked my first turkey which was ok but turned out a little on the tough side, plus we had fresh pineapple, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing, homemade gravy, and corn spoon bread.  Aaron approved so much that he had to take this picture. 
  • We had some exciting weather here.  First, it iced and then it snowed.  And then it continued to snow and ice for several days.  We still have a lot of the snow and it doesn't look like it will clear up this week as it is supposed to continue being cold with more snow/wintry mix expected later this week. 

  • This week we had our choir concert.  Aaron absolutely has loved being in choir this semester which thrills me.  I love seeing people enjoy the things that I enjoy.  
  • Coming up: We are having our family Christmas this Sunday which means we are working like little elves to get everything made and wrapped.  We have some travel plans which I will share when we get back.  I am also dying to watch The Sound of Music live!  I'm trying to wait until tomorrow night so I can convince Aaron to watch it with  me while we wrap presents and eat homemade pizza.  

No comments:

Post a Comment