Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Things I Love

We have internet!  I can finally check the weather and the sale fliers.  Life is good.  

Here are some quick snapshots of things that I love!

I love, love, love free summer produce.  We have been given two giant boxes of tomatoes, some corn, cucumbers and squash.  Last night I pureed some cooked down zucchini and threw it in our pesto sauce and then served it on pasta.  Yummy! This is a jar of dried tomatoes.  The free tomatoes were dried in a food dehydrator that I was given as a free hand-me-down and then put in an old spaghetti jar that I had cleaned out and painted the lid with chalkboard paint.  Love it.  I currently have another set of tomatoes drying out in my garage and I also am about to start a batch of homemade ketchup. 

This project is over a year old.  I picked up this adorable shelf from a garage sale for $2.  I then asked Aaron to scrape the rust off and spray paint it black.  I would have done it myself but I was quite pregnant at the time.  It is our bookshelf/china cabinet. I store lots of books and some random items such as an adorable teapot on it.  


This picture is mainly for laughs.  The afternoon after we moved, we were super tired and totally unmotivated to continue packing.  So we just sat in our living room and talked about nothing.  My father-in-law found this amusing and insisted that he take pictures.  

I also love our new deck except for the flies and mosquitoes. I spend as much time as possible out there.  It has been surprising cool in the mornings and is wonderful for drinking coffee on a comfy patio chair.  

Now excuse me as I go make some homemade ketchup.  A girl has to have priorities. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment