Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

We are strange little people

I try to keep Aaron off of my blog and facebook as much as possible for his sake. I mean, the guy deserves at least a little privacy, right? However, this story is just too darn funny to withhold. I wouldn't be a nice person if I didn't tell you.
Today, Aaron was not having a very good day. Being the amazing person I am, I decided to go to the store after work and get him a little present. My first thought was chocolate or candy of some type, but since he's been sick, I decided to go with a healthier option: I picked up a pineapple. I threw it in a grocery bag along with a note from his fairy godmother and left it on his doorstep for him to find when he got home.
When he finally got home later that night thanks to lots of tedious errands he had to complete, he was surprised to find the pineapple that he had bought to surprise me on his doorstep in a grocery bag. He couldn't figure out why he would of left it outside his apartment. He totally missed the note that was in the bag. When he walked in to his apartment he was completely surprised to see my pineapple sitting on his table. Slowly it dawned on him that there were in fact two pineapples. We had both tried to surprise each other with pineapples. Has anybody ever read the Gift of the Magi? Yep, I know, so romantic. There you have it. We will eat our pineapples and enjoy them too.

6 comments: