Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Year In Review (99)

According to Goodreads, I read 48 books last year. I'm pretty sure I read several that I forgot to record, but still, that is not too terribly shabby. To be honest, several of the books markes as "read" were never fully completed. I used to feel guilty about not finishing a book once I had started it. Now I feel no guilt whatsoever about putting down a book that I deem unworthy of finishing.
Here is the highlight reel:
  • Longest Book: The Brothers Karamazov (776 pages)
  • Book I'd be most likely to recommend: Why Isn't A Pretty Girl Like You Married? And Other Useful Comments.
  • Book I didn't like, but thought I would: Passion and Purity
  • Best non-fiction: Notes From a Tilt-A-Whirl. It was just as good the second time around.
  • Favorite kid's book: The Mysterious Benedict Society.
  • Most Addicting book: The Hunger Games
  • Most Surprising: Peace Like a River

I fully expect to read less this year as compared to last year. Mainly because I am no longer in school and forced to read for several hours every day. Right now my goal is set at 30 and I've already finished 3. On my list to read this coming year:

  • God's Battalions
  • When Helping Hurts
  • And I need to finish To Kill A Mockingbird so I can discuss it with Aaron.

P.S. I'm always taking suggestions for good books.

1 comment:

  1. Well, here's a recommendation: I just finished "The Beekeeper's Apprentice" by Laurie R. King and am currently wandering my apartment with an aimless expression, waiting for the sequel to come in at the library.
    My mom owns Peace Like a River... should I put on my agenda for summer break?

    ReplyDelete