Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Two Free Things That I'm Digging

I thought I'd share with you 2 free internet finds that I'm currently enjoying.  I'm not getting paid or anything to write a review, I just happen to like them.

1. Regularly App.  When it comes to phone apps, I have....um, just one: Instagram.  I've thought about getting other apps but they all want too much info.  For instance, I want to get the Kroger app so I can check on my digital coupons when I'm shopping, but they want to know my location.  Seriously?  Why is it a necessity that they need to know my whereabouts at all times?  I guess I value my privacy too much.  However, I really suck at cleaning.  I can tidy up ok or even do the dishes at least once a day, but things like mopping, vacuuming, dusting, etc are lost arts in my house.  I decided to try and become more regular in my cleaning approach.  I've printed off paper copies of chore charts and made lists but they never seem to last long in my house.  They'll help me for a week at most and then I loose track of them.  I decided that it was time to upgrade and get a fancy schmancy phone app.  After looking at a couple, I chose the Regularly App.
Pros: I can set it to remind me to do whatever task I want at whatever intervals I choose.
I love to mark things off my list so I've actually been sticking to it for several weeks now.
I set tasks to do in the very distant future such as deep clean my closet only a few times a year.

Cons: For whatever reason, it doesn't organize my tasks based on the time that they need to be done.  For instance, the first item on the list might be wipe the glass due in 3 days and the third item on the list may be vacuum due yesterday.

If you stink at regularly cleaning but love to check things off of lists, this could be the app for you.

2.  Greetingsisland.com  Aaron's birthday is next week and to celebrate him turning really old, I decided to throw him a party.  I never, ever do invitations but I decided that I wanted to this year.  I searched the internet for free customizable invitations.  I looked at several different sites and this was the best one by far.  I ended up choosing these bicycle invitations since I felt that they fit my husband's personality best.
Get them here
You can change all the text, font, font color, and font placement except for the top part that says, "Birthday Party invitation."  You can either print them off for free at home or buy them from the company.  If you do choose to print them off for free, they will attach their logo to the invitation.  Fortunately, it is super tiny.  Here is the one I did and you can see how small it is.  

Here are some other super cute invitations and cards you can print for free.  


I love finding little handy things that make life easier, don't you?  Any good freebies you know about that I'm missing? 





1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsey, Thanks so much for the honest blog post! I really like your well-designed invitation and greeting cards. I see that you love online DIY free tools, so I believe you may be interested in new Free Printable Calendar Tool by Greetings Island.

    You can find all Calendar Templates by Greetings Island at:
    http://www.greetingsisland.com/calendars

    Enjoy 12 well-designed and Free Calendar Templates, Customize them, Add Photos, Illustrations, and Print your new Calendar with your life's most memorable moments.

    Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

    Best,
    Artem T.
    http://www.greetingsisland.com

    Facebook: http://www.fb.com/GreetingsIsland
    Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/greetingsisland/

    ReplyDelete