Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Garden - a Midsummer Update

My garden turned out really pretty this year.  It is nothing spectacular but I enjoy looking at.  It is so peaceful and relaxing.  It is also the largest garden that we've ever grown which isn't saying much.

The main reason it looks so pretty is because I decided to plant butternut squash.  Only one or maybe two plants came up but it is covering 10 feet in every direction.  I hope we can get a lot of squash for this fall.  Our cucumbers (on the trellis) are also doing quite well.  We just picked our first one last weekend and we have one more ready to pick today and probably a couple of more for tomorrow.  We are also growing lima beans.  One piddly watermelon and sad little zucchini plant that I bought on clearance since our squash didn't come up.  The sunflower came up on its own leftover from last year.  We also grew carrots, lettuce and spinach this spring and I hope to replant them this fall. 

These are our crazy tomatoes.  Unfortunately, we have yet to get a ripe one off of these two giant bushes.  We have been getting some small ping ball sized ones off the plants in our front flower gardens.  We also have been harvesting herbs and a little bit of rhubarb this spring.  
We all love eating fresh veggies and watching them grow from little "babies" to big vegetables.  

No comments:

Post a Comment