Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Baby Shower and Quilt

One of the ways that God has really blessed me in the past couple of years is by actually giving me friends (near my age) at church!  2 years ago my sweet friend Jennifer and her husband started attending our church.  They had tried to have a baby for several years with no success and the week they filled out the first bit of paperwork to start the adoption process they found out that they were expecting!  We're so excited for them and I'm excited for my children to have a little friend.
A couple of weeks ago, I had the privilege of helping to host a shower for Jennifer and her daughter, Iris.  Since Jennifer is due in May and the baby will be named Iris, we decided to have the theme of "April showers bring May flowers."  The only problem with this is that we technically had the shower at the very end of March and there is a really good chance that the baby will actually be born in April as Jennifer has been having signs of labor already.

Here are some pictures of the evening.
Just for the record, it is really hard to make the concrete walls of a church basement look cutesy.  Believe me, I tried.  

Get it? Showers...flowers...brilliant, I know.
In addition to throwing the shower, I also made baby Iris a one-of-a-kind quilt.  I've made a couple of others kind of like this but I mixed it up a little bit with this one and did a solid back and bound it. 
I forgot to take any pictures until right when I went to wrap it so these are as good as it gets. 

My model demonstrates the back of the quilt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment