Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

5 Months + 1 Week

I haven't forgotten about my blog, really.  Since my last post, I've written approximately 3 more posts in my head.  The problem is actually having the time, free hands, and motivation to write them up.  Here is a quick update on my baby boy.  I like to keep track of my children on here because this is essentially my journal.

Don't worry, my hand was supporting his back. 
He weighs approximately 18 lbs. 
He is exclusively breastfed.  We'll hopefully start solids sometime after 6 months. 
While he has slept through the entire night in the past, he spent most of the time between 4-5 months waking up 4 + times a night.  Yes, talk about walking zombie mommy.  As of this Sunday  night, he seems to have remembered that he is capable of sleeping and has only been waking up around twice a night.  
He is super good at grabbing things.  He managed to grab a paper off of the fridge the other day as we walked by it. 
Right at the 5 months mark, he learned to roll from his tummy to his back.  He triumphantly refuses to do tummy time. 
A couple of days before he turned 5 months, he got his first tooth!  I couldn't believe it.  Today, I noticed his second tooth is starting to come in.  
He loves to snuggle and stinks at self-soothing.  I rock him or nurse him to sleep every single time.  
He still has nights where he refuses to sleep in his bed.  Sometimes I'll let him scream for 10 minutes before picking him up and yet he can go back to sleep within 30 seconds of me holding him.  On those nights, I just give in and let him sleep in his swing.  The only problem is that he is almost too big for his swing.  
He is very much in 6-9 month clothing.  
He thinks his big sister is the most interesting and hilarious person that ever lived.  

No comments:

Post a Comment