Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Life With Two

So far we are surviving but I don't have much time to blog because my hands are always full...literally and literally.  I have plenty of time to read other people's blogs one-handed but typing out posts is low priority at the moment.  So here is a quick check-in 3 weeks post baby.
Just yesterday I was thinking about how my current mommy dream is sleeping for 4 straight hours and having the 2 year-old poop on the potty instead of in her diapers.  Today, both of those dreams came true!!!!!
Will slept for 4 straight hours last night for the first time.  Miracle of miracles!  It was just as fantastic as it sounds.
As far as the pooping goes, we've been talking about going on the potty with Kira for several months now.  We finally invested in a little potty chair.  While I've encouraged her to try the potty out, I have never made her sit on it. In the past couple of days, she has asked to sit on it about once a day.  On Wednesday, she managed to go number one and today she managed to go number two.  If you aren't a parent and are reading this, this probably means nothing to you.  If you are a parent, than you realize that having your child go on the potty after two straight years of changing tons of dirty diapers every day is a HUGE deal.  We've invested in the big girl panties and we'll hopefully start potty training for real on Monday.  If it turns out to be too stressful, we'll just call it quits and try again in a couple of months.  After all, Kira won't even be two for a couple of weeks yet so it is a little on the early side.  I would probably wait longer if it wasn't for her recent successes.
Otherwise, my life is rather boring.  Each day I set super low expectations and usually manage to meet them.  My goals for the day are super simple such as make my bed, do one load of laundry, take a shower, make dinner and do the dishes.  If I accomplish those simple things, I feel successful.  Lately, I've been trying to work in a walk or some simple stomach reducing exercises though nothing too hard core.
Some days I'm lucky that the kids actually have clean clothes to wear and other days I have fun dressing them up like little dolls.  This past Sunday I had fun dressing them up and even got to do a big girl hairstyle.



My main food obsession this summer is roasted summer veggies.  Cut up some squash, zucchini, onions, peppers and tomatoes and toss them in some olive oil and seasonings. Then throw them in the over at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.  So amazingly yummy!  Yummier yet is to throw said roasted veggies on some grilled pizza. To die for.  The day we had it Aaron asked me to make it again the next night.  Yes, it seriously was that good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment