Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Aaron's Bible Cover

A couple of months ago, Aaron was telling how worn his Bible was getting and asked if he could get a Bible cover.  He then asked me if I could make one.  I told him that I thought it was out of the realm of my skills.  However, after thinking about it for a few days and looking up some online tutorials, I found one that I thought I was capable completing.  I didn't tell Aaron about it but decided to surprise him for our anniversary.  Here is the tutorial I used.

The finished project (I tried multiple times to rotate the images but I just can't for some reason):


Inside of the cover
I asked Aaron how he liked it and I told him that he could be honest.  He said that he absolutely loved it but he except for the straps.  He thought they made it look too much like a purse and he did have a point.  Two months later, I finally got around to fixing the problem for him.  Taking them off would ruin the faux leather so I just sewing them down on the inside and cut off the extra.
Updated cover

1 comment: