Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Gingered Brown Rice

We eat a lot more rice than my family did when I was growing up.  Most likely this is because we eat a lot of Asian food.  One great, easy side dish is something called gingered brown rice.  I once found a recipe for something like this that also had oranges in it.  However, I don't keep oranges on hand especially during the summer.  So here is my basic version.

In your rice cooker, mix 1/2 brown rice and 1/2 white rice.  Add the appropriate amount of water or chicken stock for more flavor.  Then toss in a little dried ginger powder or minced fresh ginger.  Turn your rice cooker on to the brown rice setting.  When it is all done cooking, just toss in some raisins for sweetness right before serving.  Super yummy!  It works great with Greek inspired food but could go well with a lot of different foods.  If you don't have a rice cooker...well, you should just get one.  I am physically incapable of cooking rice on the stove so I have no instructions for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment