Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Barefoot and Pregnant in the Kitchen

Yes, I'm barefoot.  Yes, I'm pregnant.  And yes, I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen recently.

Pregnancy update: my baby is approximately the length of a rather large carrot.  My stomach is the relatively the size of a football.  My baby has been moving.  Most of the time I can barely feel it but sometimes I get a good jab or two.

Cooking update:
I made these cinnamon rolls for a work event.  I think that they are the first cinnamon rolls that I've ever made.  Pretty tasty if I do say so myself.

I made Chicken-Zucchini Alfredo for dinner last night.  It was a low-fat version that skipped out on the cream. I usually don't even like saying the words low-fat but this turned out pretty well.  I think I like the real cream and butter version better but this works in a jiffy and tastes pretty yummy at the same time.

Tonight's dinner is something that I've never had: Knish.  It is not low-fat.  Basically it looks like mashed potatoes wrapped in homemade pastry.  What could possibly be bad about that combination?

The only bad part about all this food is doing the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment