Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Birthday Dessert

Last year I decided that if no one was going to celebrate my birthday, I was just going to do it myself especially by making the best, most decadent birthday dessert imaginable.  Hey, if I want a birthday dessert, I usually have to do it myself so I might as well do it in style, right?!  This is what I came up with last year. The bottom layer was devil's food cake (homemade), middle layer was cheesecake, the top was raw (safe to eat) cookie dough and of course it was topped with ganache.

My birthday is in less than a week and I have yet to pick this year's winning creation.  Here are a few ideas: 
NOTE: My heart is currently broken because I wanted to share some pictures of these amazing desserts with you but for some reason blogspot is insistent that I NOT post them.  Be sure and click on the links as they really are super beautiful! 

1. Creme Brulee.  I don't have a specific recipe but I just remembered that this dessert existed.  The only problem is that we don't own any ramekins and we'd have to buy an appropriate attachment for the propane torch.  But still, I've never seen or heard of anyone in Owensboro making Creme Brulee or selling it so it would original. 

2.  I love carrot cake!  And I love cheesecake!  What would happen if you combine the two?  How about a carrot cake cheesecake topped with coconut whipped cream!

3.  I also love chocolate.  What birthday would be complete without dark chocolate?  Salted caramel is my other new crush so perhaps a salted caramel chocolate fudge cake is in order. The only problem is that I'm super picky about cakes and I only like a few.  I also stink at assembling and decorating them. 

4. Homemade donuts.  I think that is all I have to say.  There are so many amazing looking recipes out there!  I love the idea of creating or trying out some more unique recipes and flavors.  

What do you think?  How would you decide?  Or perhaps you have a different suggestion entirely.  Nothing is decided yet so go ahead and submit your favorite desserts! 


No comments:

Post a Comment