Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Cabin Fever and Crafting

It is the end of February and the ground is still covered in some strange combination of snow and ice.  Strangely enough. we got all of our snow in November and February while December and January remained quite mild.  I feel like I've hit that tired-of-winter-ready-for-spring wall.  I'm so ready to plant spinach, walk in the sun and take kids to the park.  In order to beat the blues, I've decided to turn my attention to crafts at least for a couple of weeks.  So far I've already made a couple of baby presents and two toddler spring dresses and my next project will probably something like this:

I also want to make us a new library book bag as we've destroyed a couple and the others don't really work so hot.  I've made two of these bags for others but I think it is time to make one for us. 

As I was making one of the toddler dresses, I had a brilliant idea for a super easy to make skirt.  A couple of days later, I saw a tutorial for the exact skirt I wanted to make.  Check it out here.

I'm also thinking of making some reusable grocery bags and some springtime kind of wreath or decoration for my front door.  Any ideas for the door? 




No comments:

Post a Comment