Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Purple Skirt

EDIT: I just now noticed that there is a small potty in the background.  Don't you just love potty training?
I needed new skirts.  Some of the ones in my closet I've had for approximately 8 years.  No joke.  Others were stretched out.  Others out of style and some just didn't fit well.  I dragged my sister along with me to Goodwill and found one new black pencil skirt but I wanted to get at least one more without having to pay big bucks for it.  Our fabric store recently had a huge clearance sale and this material jumped out at me and I knew it was meant to be a skirt.
I'm not a fan of a lot of the current fashions but one I do like is lace.  I decided that since I dislike most of the others, my best bet for looking at least kind of in style is to embrace the little that I do like.  So here is my attempt at a purple skirt with a lace overlay.  I sort of used this tutorial.
Without further ado, I would like to present to you my purple skirt with a lace overlay.


The hardest part was the zipper and the sad thing about it was that after I put it in very poorly, I discovered that I didn't even need it as the skirt was stretchy enough that I could slip in and out of it without unzipping it.  
I can't remember exactly how much I paid for the fabric but I think it was $4 or less.  I'm pretty pleased. 

2 comments: