Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

A Celebratory Post!

It is Friday.  I should be excited cause it is the weekend, but let's face it, because I no longer have a job, I can barely keep up with the days of the week.  I do remember Friday because I teach my Omnibus class.
No, this post is a celebratory because my baby slept for 7 hours straight last night for the first time ever.  I woke up after 6 hours and felt like it was morning.  I started to get worried about Kira because she never sleeps for much more than 6 hours.  Because I'm a first-time mom, I even went into her room to check on her.
We have other big news to share: We caved and gave Kira a pacifier for the first time yesterday.  No, it didn't have anything to do with her sleeping longer because I took it away from her before I put her to bed.  Goodbye, screaming, fussy baby.  Hello, orthodontist.  Though I suppose she was doomed to have bad teeth anyways considering her genetics.
What else is going on in our lives?  Not much.  I just do the dishes, feed the baby, wash diapers, feed the baby, do some more dishes, cook dinner, stuff diapers, do some more dishes and then I feed the baby again.
We are excited to get to have a photoshoot this weekend.  It will be our first family photoshoot and Kira's first real photoshoot excepting the one picture they took of her in the hospital.
So Monday is Columbus day.  Unfortunately, this means nothing to me.  My new favorite "holiday" (besides the real ones like Easter and Christmas) is Veteran's Day.  It means that we get to go out on a cheap date since Aaron gets to eat free at lots of different restaurants.
Enough, enough...time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment