Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wedding Finds

My two favorite places to shop for wedding decorations are Hobby Lobby (just watch the sale flyer and coupons and you can get amazing deals) and garage sales. Here are a couple of unexpected garage sale finds:

  • We had wanted to have white Christmas lights but since they are out of season they cost about $8-11 per box. Yuck. I found 15 strands at a garage sale for $1 each. I made them untangle and test each one before I bought them. Kinda mean of me.
  • I found an old box of picture frames at a garage sale for $5. They are all kind of old looking but there were about 20ish. I'm in the process of repainting them to make them all spiffy looking.
  • Yesterday I found a huge box of multicolored floral ribbon (really papery feeling) at a garage sale for $2. We've already started using it and I have tons more ideas about what to do with it.
Yesterday, I had my minions, err...I mean friends come over and help me make tons of decorations. We made hundreds of different items! Still a bunch more to go though.

No comments:

Post a Comment