Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Up To My Elbows In Wedding Plans...

So...I bought the dress! It was kind of like Christmas tree hunting. You walk up and down the mountain thinking, "That tree is too tall. That one is too skinny. That one doesn't have enough branches." Finally, when you are tired and starving, all of the trees start looking pretty darn good. That was how I felt about wedding dress shopping. I liked some, but I wasn't sure if I they were the dress that I really wanted. And then, I thought I had found the dress. Except it was kind of poofy (nobody would have been able to get close to me which can be a problem on one's wedding day) and it was a little low in the front. I thought it might have been ok after alterations, but I wasn't sure. Finally, I was just standing in front of a mirror looking at my 20th or so wedding dress and I just decided. That was it. I liked it. It was a good price. I'm not going to keep looking everywhere. And there you have it. I did not cry. I did not scream. I don't think I would have fit in on Say Yes to the Dress.
In other wedding news, I kind of picked the bridesmaids dresses. I ordered two different colors so I can decide between them. They should be here next week!
Aaron also discovered that he has a 50% off coupon to Men's Wearhouse so we are going to get him a super snazzy suit without having to pay too terribly much for it.
The groomsmen are a little harder. I wanted them in charcoal colored pants and vest with a white shirt and a bright tie. Unfortunately, I can't find any in my price range. So we are going to revamp them. The good news is that I think I found an outfit in a bridal magazine that I believe we can replicate fairly easily.
I can't wait to get started on all my DIY wedding projects. Right now I'm looking trying to keep my eye out for chalkboards and old glass bottles and different shaped vases.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I really liked your Christmas tree hunting analogy (way to see the humor). :) You're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete